Procurement is an exciting industry with diverse prospects available across countless organizations. This course aim is to introduce you to the procurement management and administration process. This course is intended to offer the right knowledge and skills essential to assisting with any procurement project or role.
Introduction to Procurement is the ultimate course for Procurement and Purchase Management for Engineers, Entrepreneurs, Managers, and Students. Procurement is always an essential part of any business whether big or small. As procurement involves third parties and various punitive efforts, it turns out to be critical to avoid lapses in processes to ensure logistic success.
What you’ll Learn in This Introduction to Procurement Course
1- Introduction to Procurement Process
- What is procurement and purchasing
- Types of procurement. Tasks for procurement in the companies
- Competences are necessary for procurement and purchasing.
- Role and influence of procurement function in the company
- Different organizational structures from the procurement point of view
2- Introduction to Procurement Management
3- Business needs and specification
- What is the specification? Types of specifications
- How to identify needs in procurement
- Which instruments we use to identify needs
- How to prepare a good specification
4- Introduction of Category management in procurement
- Basis of Category management in procurement.
- 7 Stages of Category management
- Michael Porter 5 Force’s
- SWOT analysis
- Categories Portfolio. Kraljic Matrix.
- Category Strategy development
5- Suppliers management & Development
- Sourcing process. Stages of Sourcing
- Suppliers Data management
- Suppliers classification/segmentation
- Suppliers evaluation and development
- How to conduct an evaluation meeting with suppliers
6- Stakeholders management
- Which functions/departments does procurement interact? Where should be the focus and how to build a relationship
- Which instruments do improve relationship and communication between departments
- Who is an “internal client”?
- Mendelow’s Matrix. Key stakeholder’s strategy relationship.
7- Negotiation planning
- Negotiation process
- Negotiation secrets
- Planning and preparation for a negotiation.
- Characteristics of different negotiator personality features.
- Manipulation and tricks. How to react to it?
8- Ethics in procurement and sustainability
- What is ethical behavior in procurement?
- Instruments which helps to improve повысить ethics in procurement and decrease corruption.
- Sustainable procurement and Corporate social responsibility.
- Recommendations on how to implement these standards.
Date & Time
Download On Demand now and finish it anytime!
The lecture will be 2 hours including 15 minutes Q&A session.
What You’ll Get in This Course?
- 2 hours worth of video content
- Original PowerPoint Presentation
What Will You Gain From This Course?
- Procurement Activities and Key Processes
- Able to understand what happens when you are buying and selling alongside its impact.
- How to manage suppliers better
- Analyze approaches to agreements negotiation with external parties
- Key ethical concepts in procurement
- A computer with an internet connection.
- The willingness to learn.
Who This Course is For
- Anyone wanting to learn about the Procurement Management
- Anyone looking to improve their current Procurement Process.
- Anyone who already knows about the Procurement Management and looking for a refresher course and/or expert tips and tricks
- Any business professional looking to find ways to meet their business strategu goals, while keeping their operational targets intact!
Certificate of Completion
SCMDOJO & IP-SM Certificate also provides a Certificate of Completion when Purchased.
About Instructor Maryna Trepova, MBA,
Co-founder and CEO at IPSM – International Procurement & Supply Management
Academic Leader of the CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply Chain) program in Ukraine.
Procurement professional with 10+ years of experience.
Once purchased, you will find Zoom Login details for the course in the receipt, and also in pdf document, you can download the post-purchase of the course by clicking on the below button.
Testimonials About Maryna from Introduction to Procurement TrainingIntroduction to Procurement Course
NUKA GARDAPKHADZE – Croatia
I was very pleased with this course because of the following:
1. It was very informative, as a procurement manager, I received a lot of important news;
2. The timing was perfect, as I was involved in the course without any distractions. In other courses that I attend, they’re mostly too long and I’m unable to concentrate.
3. The way Maryna communicated with the audience was very satisfying. She was open for any comments and ready to answer all questions.
4. Technically, everything was very well organized.
One thing that would be nice to take in consideration is that Maryna covered a lot of topics.
I’d be very happy if you do the mini-courses which will analyze each topic thoroughly with real-life examples and etc.
Catherine Kim – Australia
Thank you for a well-presented course which was informative and enjoyable. Maryna was a good and engaging presenter with you as a moderator monitoring the chats and answering the questions. Looking forward to more courses.
Priya Badnaware – India
This course was very informative for me to easily understood and remember the whole concept and each & every steps of Procurement. I would like to attend more course in Procurement and Sourcing over here.
Abdelrahman Hesham – Egypt
The training was enjoyable and covered all aspects/functions of procurement. A future recommendation would be to add more practical examples and real-life scenarios to further enhance our understanding. I think creating separate training sessions on each procurement aspect would be preferable to get in-depth and fully understand in detail each procurement aspect such as supplier negotiation, sourcing, etc.
Maxamed Siciid Maxamed – Somalia
I would like to say that the led Training for introduction to procurement was very interesting course and we get more knowledge that we can enhance our Business process about supply chain.
My suggestion is to get another courses related to supply chain especially Negotiation and Contract Management
Thank you indeed