S&OP Maturity Model – How Good is your S&OP? Do This Self Assessment
S&OP Maturity Model – How Good is your S&OP?
This S&OP Maturity Model Self Assessment tool has 29 questions under below mentioned 6 categories:
- S&OP Process Policy and Documentation
- S&OP Organization, Meetings and Collaboration
- S&OP Plan Integration, Planning Horizon and Scope
- Measurements- Use of KPI in S&OP Process
- The maturity of 5 Steps S&OP Process on Scale of 1-5 (1- Lowest & 5 Highest)
- S&OP Advance Stage Questions
Simplistically speaking, the S&OP process does exactly what it says on the tin – it provides a general overview of company’s Sales and Operations Planning method! Its purpose is to aid you in understanding the planning balance between supply and demand.
S&OP process represents an organizational improvement process which will…
- Balance employee understanding of supply capacity and market demand.
- Establish a common language for information sharing among all functional groups
The Sales and Operations Planning Process which is 5 Step monthly process helps the business and Supply Chain communities proactively plan for changes in demand by Monitoring the External Market.
S&OP as Supply Chain Process:
is a forecasting and decision-making process,
involves every department in the business,
gives the visibility and alignment on the middle term demand (2-18 months)
It is a monthly process
- That provides realistic demand, production, and inventory plans to meet customer requirements.
- That is implemented by a cross-functional team
- That is documented and agreed by all parties
- That provides communication and coordination of activities in different departments
The guide is inspired from below research article
J. Andrew Grimson, David F. Pyke, (2007) “Sales and operations planning: an exploratory study and framework”, The International Journal of Logistics Management, Vol. 18 Issue: 3, pp.322-346