As we move out of the pandemic, demand planners will need to re-orient their planning process to the changed reality. ISCM and SCMDOJO offer a short, compact, and impactful program for demand planners covering the basics.
What you’ll Learn in Introduction to Demand Planning and Forecasting Course
The short module will provide you with you the ability to understand and interpret the process. You will be able:
- To understand how the demand planning process should function
- What will be the importance of forecasting and various methodology that can be used?
- How does one measure the performance of the forecast?
- What are the different approaches to demand Planning? Understanding DDMRP, S&OP and IBP as planning approaches.
- Role of demand planner in an organization
- The four pillars of Forecasting
- Introduction to Forecasting Methods and Demand Planning: Qualitative, Quantitative and Probabilistic forecasting.
- Determining the forecastability of the data.
- Measuring Forecast Performance. Understanding Bias and Error along with tracking signals
- Understanding Forecast value Added and understanding the problem of a bullwhip.
- Managing Forecast and demand: Various Approaches – DDMRP, S&OP, Connected Planning
What Will You Gain From This Demand Planning and Forecasting Course?
- Identify improvement opportunities in supply chain planning and demand forecasting processes to mitigate risk in customer fill rates and inventory exposure.
- Learn best practices to better manage supply chain planning
- Develop knowledge, capability and expertise in supply chain planning.
- A computer with an internet connection.
- The willingness to learn.
Who This Course is For
Supply Chain Managers, Planning and Forecasting Managers, Inventory Managers and anyone wishing to enhance their understanding of the techniques to mitigate the negative impact of poor planning and inventory management on their enterprise.
Moreover, Associates, Analyst involved in Supply Planning, Demand Planning, Logistics, Manufacturing, Customer Fulfillment, Warehousing, Procurement will greatly benefit.
What You’ll Get in This Course?
- Download 3 hours worth of recorded video content
- Download Original PowerPoint Presentation
- Watch Analytical Case Studies
- Peer to peer discussions.
Date & Time
Download On Demand now and finish it anytime!
The lecture will be 2.5 hours including 15 minutes Q&A session.
Certificate of Completion
• SCMDOJO & ISCM Certificate also provides a Certificate of Completion when Purchased.
About Instructor Dr Rakesh Paras Singh
Dr. Rakesh Paras Singh is the Chairman and Dean of ISCM Demand Planning Academy, Mumbai. He is a Ph.D. in Demand Planning and a sought-after demand planning expert. He has taught at some of the best business schools in India, Dubai, Singapore and Europe. He has conducted numerous training programs for corporates like HUL, P&G, ACG, Cipla, Capital Foods, Bristlecone, Infosys, Fiat India, Nivea, Bateel, Dabur International, Global Pharma, Murugappa group, L&T, Syngenta, Rallis, Mahindra & Mahindra, Dabur, John Deere Tractors among others. He is widely published and his Master Class on Forecasting and Demand Planning are very popular. He consults in the domain of supply chain and demand planning with large number of organisations and has written a very popular book called Demand Planning and forecasting.
Further Discounts in Add-on Versions
- Get 50% discount on The Ultimate Guide to Demand Forecasting
- Get a 60% discount on Sales and Operations Planning Process – Self-Assessment
Watch the full episode of The Supply Chain Show with Dr. Rakesh Paras Singh on “How companies should deploy Demand Planning”, to get a flavor of what is coming.