To deploy a successful Sales and Operations Planning Process, we have built a simple survey-like questionnaire Self-Assessment tool in Excel, which you can download and share with your teams!
This Sales and Operations Planning Process Self Assessment tool will help you as a guide to identifying which one of the below-listed process elements is considered a gap in your business.
The sales and operation planning process is on a critical process in the supply chain planning hierarchy.
You can refer and study these Top 7 Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) Books to close the Gaps, or you can email me, I will try to help!
The Sales and Operations Planning Process Self Assessment tool has 29 questions under below mentioned six categories:
- S&OP Process Policy and Documentation
- S&OP Organization, Meetings and Collaboration
- S&OP Plan Integration, Planning Horizon and Scope
- Measurements- Use of KPI in S&OP Process
- The maturity of 5 Steps S&OP Process on Scale of 1-5 (1- Lowest & 5 Highest)
- S&OP Advance Stage Questions
Simplistically speaking, the S&OP process does exactly what it says on the tin – it provides a general overview of company’s Sales and Operations Planning method! Its purpose is to aid you in understanding the planning balance between supply and demand.
It represents an organizational improvement process which will…
- Balance employee understanding of supply capacity and market demand.
- Establish a common language for information sharing among all functional groups
The Sales and Operations Planning Process which is 5 Step monthly process (shown below) helps the business and Supply Chain communities proactively plan for changes in demand by Monitoring the External Market.
S&OP as Supply Chain Process:
- is a forecasting and decision-making process,
- involves every department in the business,
- gives the visibility and alignment on the middle-term demand (2-18 months)
It is a monthly process
- That provides realistic demand, production, and inventory plans to meet customer requirements.
- A cross-functional team implements that
- That is documented and agreed by all parties
- That provides communication and coordination of activities in different departments
If your country does not allow PayPal, you can try to think link here to download from here.
The guide is inspired by research article
J. Andrew Grimson, David F. Pyke, (2007) “Sales and operations planning: an exploratory study and framework”, The International Journal of Logistics Management, Vol. 18 Issue: 3, pp.322-346