This Cycle Counting Procedure aims to establish guidelines and requirements for conducting Cycle Counting Programs across all business processes and sites.
The purpose of the Cycle Counting Program is to account for discrepancies amongst the quantities found in stocks. These quantities are physically present in warehouses. Cycle Counting procedure is recommended to maximize the value of the audit and minimize the pain in physical count.
Cycle Counting Procedure When Implemented Should Offer:
- This Cycle Counting procedure, when implemented, covers the root cause of inventory discrepancies and takes timely corrective action to eliminate/reduce the future occurrence.
- Business prefers Cycle Counting over physical inventory counts as they are less disruptive to daily operations, provide an ongoing measure of inventory accuracy, and can be tailored to suit several items.
- Frequent cycle counting shortens the time between physical counts of any given item. This, in turn, will help to uncover prospects to completely diagnose the cause of any discrepancy and coach any human errors before systemic issues arise.
The cycle counting procedure consists of 13 pages with the 3027-word count. Included as Microsoft Word and PDF format, so you can customize it for your own business
TABLE OF CONTENT
This Cycle Counting Procedure would help define the major criteria, like counting the frequency of high-valued items based on the item’s value, acceptable loss criteria, or the focus level of where inventory management issues have been identified.
BENEFITS OF CYCLE COUNTING PROGRAM
An organization would normally close down during stock-taking periods to guarantee the process is completed within the shortest possible time. This process drives the consideration of timing about affecting trades and overtime expenses. This program solves a number of these issues, as well as offers the following additional cycle counting benefits:
- Accurate and Better Decision-Making.
- Assist with Distribution, Production, and Stocking Decisions.
- Enhanced Customer Services.
- Minimal Staff Disruption.
- Minimal Process Disruptions.
- Quicker Corrective Actions.
You can also benefit by getting Stocktaking: The Ultimate Guide (Stocktaking Procedure)
If your country does not have PayPal, you can download it from this Gumorad link.